Primary Terms of Service
The below terms of service apply to all non-contract clients. If you do have a contract with Beach Web Design, contract rules shall supersede these terms of service, unless explicitly included. These terms of service govern all accounts that have websites hosted by Beach Web Design except as noted above. If you’ve arrived at this page unexpectedly— Perhaps your site is somehow not in compliance with these Terms of Service! Most likely you should contact us to resolve. Further, if payment on invoices submitted to you for work already performed— remain unpaid beyond due date for more than 7 (seven) days, a late fee may be accessed by Beach Web Design for inconvenience. (No more than 8% of total invoice per month.)
Credit Card Payments
Beach Web Design & IT accepts payments via PayPal for invoices created for services rendered or about to be rendered. 2.9% + 0.30 will apply to such payments, and be added to any invoices. This will be paid by the customer.
Any text/HTML or image link to Beach Web Design will be maintained at all times from websites created by Beach Web Design unless otherwise requested or negotiated. Other developers or marketing companies that may also be employed and or contracted by owner of said website can maintain a link as well but the link must be truthful on its face, and not misrepresent the actual work provided. One link of this type is allowable.
If your website is built upon WordPress, or similar CMS, Only Beach Web Design approved plugins shall be installed. If there are plugins that you feel you need installed, please consult with Beach Web Design.
Any existing plugins or third party integration which may be set up and existing shall not be modified.
Any and all usernames created within your website shall not be removed, and access rights shall remain at original level at all times.
Beach Web Design cannot be held liable for unapproved changes made on the “Administrator” level. IE: you have administrator access, and you change something within the framework of the CMS, theme changes, plugin corruption, failure to comply with these TOS etc…
Watch Your Step
Fixes or repairs to your account or website necessitated by improper coding and or mismanagement of your CMS or website will result in a hourly charge of $125.00 per hour.
Often, Beach Web Design offers and applies discounts for customers to invoices due and payable. All invoices that are sent via PayPal are due immediately. This is because either the work or hours spent performing the services for which the payment is due are days and weeks, and sometimes months old, or it is a deposit amount, and work cannot commence until the deposit is received. However, it is important to know that if invoices are not paid in full, or negotiated otherwise with BWD management, all discounts applied are null and void and will be removed from the invoice, and the invoice will be re-issued without the previously applied discount. We have a tremendous amount of expense to keep our infrastructure safe, protected and running smoothly. It is inherently important that timely payments are made to us from customers. After all, we treat our customers and clients very good and we expect the same.
Free Web Hosting
Often we are able to provide free premium web hosting for our new clients. However Beach Web Design & IT is not obligated to provide or continue to provide free web hosting or email services for any web application, web sites, documents, web graphics files, or any such material, if your account in not in good standing. Free web hosting does not include FTP access, or host access, as it’s a professionaly managed server.
An account deemed to be not in good standing is any account that has not paid for service rendered, or services to be rendered within ten days of receipt of any invoice by Beach Web Design & IT or subsidiaries, partners, or sister companies via email, or other electronic means, or facsimile copy, or by US postal mail.
Important! These basic rules are in place for the health and security of Beach Web Design’s web server(s), network(s) and business and client’s benefits. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions can and most likely will result in the suspension of your web hosting, and the deactivation of your website. Additionally, please note that if there are outstanding invoices from Beach Web Design, and you are currently a recipient of free web hosting, your web hosting account may be disabled for nonpayment.
Current Web Hosting Renewal Cost (2019-2020)
Current standard cost of web hosting provided by Beach Web Design & IT is $15.55 per month. This includes keeping any applicable security updates applied to both the web server or any software that exists on your account, including WordPress, Drupal, Concrete, etc… This also covers updates to cPanel, email systems, DNS records, etc. Any time a change is needed, this is a managed service, so a member of our team will take care of your need immediately. These rates are subject to change at any time, without prior notification, but with that said, we strive to keep our web hosting reliable, fast, and inexpensive for our clients at all times.
Additional Terms of Service
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Beach Web Design, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your https://beachwebdesigner.com Account and Site. If you create a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Beach Web Design may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Beach Web Design liability. You must immediately notify Beach Web Design of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. Beach Web Design will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material toth e Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to
any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Beach Web Design or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Beach Web Design for inclusion on your Website, you grant Beach Web Design a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, Beach Web Design will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Beach Web Design has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Beach Web Design’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Beach Web Design’s reasonable opinion, violates any Beach Web Design policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Beach Web Design’s sole discretion. Beach Web Design will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Beach Web Design the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify Beach Web Design before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to Beach Web Design in writing.
- General Terms.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay Beach Web Design the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. Beach Web Design reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be canceled by you at anytime on thirty (30) days written notice to Beach Web Design.
- Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. "Email support" means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by Beach Web Design to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the VIP Services. "Priority" means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free https://beachwebdesigner.com services. All support will be provided in accordance with Beach Web Design standard services practices, procedures and policies.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Beach Web Design has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Beach Web Design does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Beach Web Design disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which https://beachwebdesigner.com links, and that link to https://beachwebdesigner.com. Beach Web Design does not have any control over those non-Beach Web Design websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Beach Web Design website or webpage, Beach Web Design does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Beach Web Design disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Beach Web Design websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Beach Web Design asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by https://beachwebdesigner.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Beach Web Design in accordance with Beach Web Design’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy. Beach Web Design will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Beach Web Design will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Beach Web Design or others. In the case of such termination, Beach Web Design will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Beach Web Design.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Beach Web Design to you any Beach Web Design or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Beach Web Design. Beach Web Design, https://beachwebdesigner.com, the https://beachwebdesigner.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with https://beachwebdesigner.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Beach Web Design or Beach Web Design’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Beach Web Design or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. Beach Web Design reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog unless you have purchased an ad-free account.
- Attribution. Beach Web Design reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at https://beachwebdesigner.com,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar.
- Partner Products. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. Beach Web Design reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Beach Web Design may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Beach Web Design may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your https://beachwebdesigner.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by Beach Web Design if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Beach Web Design’s notice to you thereof; provided that, Beach Web Design can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". Beach Web Design and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Beach Web Design nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Beach Web Design, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Beach Web Design under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Beach Web Design shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Beach Web Design, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Beach Web Design and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Beach Web Design, or by the posting by Beach Web Design of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Panama City Beach, FL USA, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Panama City Beach, FL USA. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. ("JAMS") by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Panama City Beach, FL USA, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Beach Web Design may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.